Have you wondered why your flowers didn't last, do feel like you've wasted time and money with the disappointment of throwing flowers away after just a few days? Here are some top tips on choosing flowers that last.
1. Here is an easy one... simply let your Florist know that you are looking at buying flowers that will last!
2. If you are checking freshness, look for yellowing leaves and slimy stems usually means the flowers/foliage is on its way out.
3. Choosing roses, check the firmness in the bloom by gently squeezing to see how much water is in the flower. Don't be fooled by open blooms, they are often picked partly open on the plant and still last.
4. Stems are like straws so keeping the water fresh and the stems cut so as to keep the 'straws' clear from any bacteria/dirt blockages.
5. Bleach in the water stops the bacteria building which keeps the water clear extending the life of the flowers and also stops nasty stinky water.